[Dixielandjazz] Attn. Sacramento Area, The Boondockers

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Sun Nov 21 22:22:50 PST 2004

Wednesday night
With you and I
 Join us for
A pizza pie
Burma Shave

I mean

Giovanni's Pizza

Yes, The almost world famous Boondockers will be performing at Giovanni's
Pizzeria on Wednesday Nov. 24, 6:00 - 9:00 PM.

 Since Bill Gunter, our fearless leader, is going into the hospital on
Monday Nov
22 for what might be an angioplasty on his heart.  Depending on what they
see, it could even turn into a bypass.  The rest of the band has always
accused Bill of "having no heart" but I guess we were wrong...

In his place will be the fine drummer, George Cecil.

Bob Sakoi on trumpet will be back with us, as will Bob Williams trombone and
Bob Newman clarinet.

Fulton Street bassist Darrell Fernandez will once again grace our stage,
along with Ralph Thompson banjo and yours truly on piano.

Looks as if 4 out of 7 of the band are named Bob.  Just proves the fact that
now-a-days, "Every Tom, Dick and Harry is named Bob."

Since Wednesday night will be the day before Thanksgiving, if you have
friends or family coming for the holiday, be sure to bring them along.

See you all there.

Giovanni's Pizzeria
5924 South Landpark Dr.,
Sacramento, CA.
Tel (916) 393-7001.
6:00 - 9:00 PM, no cover charge.

For directions:
>From Sacramento, go south on I-5 to Fruitridge Rd.
Turn left or east, under freeway, and go approximately 1/2 mile.
Turn right on South Landpark Dr.
and go approximately 1/4 mile to South Hills shopping center.
Giovanni's is on the right, next to the large market.

--Bob Ringwald
Piano driver,
The Boondockers