[Dixielandjazz] Help!

rahberry at comcast.net rahberry at comcast.net
Sun Nov 21 08:44:50 PST 2004

All.....
My daughter who lives across the country for me sent me her Christmas wish list.  She's in her forties and has been to quite a few jazz festivals.  Here's a snip from the email to me:

" I've been thinking about my list, and what I would like from you is Dixieland
CD's.
I have:
  Clint Baker "Tears"
  the Titan Hot Seven "Never the Same Thing Once"
Louis Armstrong "The Hot Fives, vol. 1"
Pete Fountain "Best of.."
Unknown "Dixieland Christmas"

I think that's it.  So it appears the field is wide open."

I'm considering sending her King Oliver's Creole Jazz Band and some Bix.
I'd love to hear any suggestions you all may have.  My dau is a professor.  She'll be a serious student.  She played oboe in junior and senior high school.

DJMLers have been a wealth of information and help to me over these past few years.
Any ideas to help with my Christmas shopping?

TIA,
Rae Ann