[Dixielandjazz] Bach OKOM and the kids

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Thu Nov 18 19:33:03 PST 2004

David, glad to hear about all of the Jazz up there.  You people are
certainly doing something right.

This may be a bit premature but I want to alert you and other Listmates, to
the following.

Our Jazz Society, The Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society, is in the very
early planning stages of presenting a Traditional/Dixieland Jazz Youth band
festival.  If this comes off, we will have judging, clinics, demonstrations,
etc.  We have the local university music dept. involved.

At present, the plans are to present this first annual event in Sacramento
in February of 2006.  This will hopefully give teachers and bands time to
work towards coming to the event.

As I said, this event is in the very early planning stages.  However, keep
in touch regarding it.

Best,

--Bob Ringwald