[Dixielandjazz] Steamboatin' News

Edmetzsr at aol.com Edmetzsr at aol.com
Thu Nov 18 08:36:50 PST 2004

Dear DJML Friends,

    A few weeks ago you received notice that the  wonderful Jim Cullum Jazz
band is organizing a cruise on the American Queen next  fall. That reminded me
to notify all of you that shortly after the holiday  season, the Bob Crosby
Orchestra and the Bob Cats will be riverboatin' on the  AQ's sister, the
Mississippi Queen from January 18 to the 22, that's a Tuesday  through Saturday,
arriving in New Orleans on Sunday, the 23rd. Although the  cruise starts farther
down river, we start our portion of the trip in St.  Francisville, head up
river for a while and then return to New Orleans. The good  folks at the Delta
Queen Steamship Company can fill you in on all of the  details.

    Our cruise is billed as a Big Band cruise, the  last of a series, and
indeed, we'll have the Crosby Library ready for  both listening and dancing fans
of the unmistakeable sounds of the great  Crosby Orchestra. As always, we'll
also have the Bob Cats ready to do their  thing and take the spotlight several
times each of the five nights. And  don't forget, our musicians include some
of the most popular on the festival  circuit, so it's a great chance to meet
them and get to know them even  better.

    Don't you think that this is great way to start the  New Year? You can
put away the holiday decorations and pack away your blues all  in one fell
swoop!! As always, we expect that the marquee value of the Crosby  name will result
in lots of folks joining us aboard, so don't take too long to  decide. We'd
love to see you. Then you can join Don Mopsick and the Jim Cullum  Jazz band
later in the year. What a great year it will be!!

    Thanks, Ed metz