[Dixielandjazz] Re:European Jazz Festivals

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Mon Nov 15 04:05:24 PST 2004

If Jerry wants to take advantage of off -peak fares, Keswick in the Lake
District UK  is worth considering.  It's run by John Minnion who also runs
the larger Bude festival. One of the main venues is the very comfortable,
Theatre by the Lake and they have a pre-festival series of jazz evenings
from 8th to 11th May. The actual festival  dates are Thurs 8th May to Sun
11th May.  The websites are lacking in information but you might try
info at dokeswick.com .

 Earlier in the year, Mar 4 to 7, there's Pakefield on the East coast of the
UK near Lowestoft.  It's a weekend Festival run by listmate John Petters in
a Holiday camp.  It's not the Hilton but that's reflected in the very
reasonable price £144 half board for a weekend of good jazz. Info
www.traditional-jazz.com

There are a lot of other good jazz events in the UK, too many to list but
self interest dictated that I should mention a couple where Tony Davis and I
will be appearing with the recently reformed Big Bear Stompers.

Jude
Judy Eames
Kaminsky Connection
Aston, Oxfordshire