[Dixielandjazz] Fw: [TPIN] Louie Prima Needed

Jeanne Brei TinPanAlleyCat at cox.net
Sun Nov 14 18:23:44 PST 2004

Dear Fred, Bob,
   One of my favorite bands when I first moved to Las Vegas in 1995 was
Louis Prima Jr.'s band -- The New Witnesses -- they were a real swinging
band with every player not only young (in their 20s & 30s) and great
musicians but outgoing "entertainers" at the same time -- I never saw the
original Louie Prima but his son was a real dynamo on stage. Unfortunately
they were nearly always on the road and hardly played Vegas at all. And
their luck couldn't have been worse -- they broke up just before the "swing
craze" hit Vegas (by then, some of Louis' musicians were playing with Stan
Marks' Sin Sity Suitz -- including John Salzano).
    Fred, if you haven't cast your Louis yet, you may want to contact his
son (by Gia) ... His daughter, Lena, is  currently playing The Sahara's
Casbah Lounge with an act called, "Louie Prima -- That's My Dad" -- if you
need phone numbers, just let me know and I'll get them for you...
Jeanne Brei
Tin Pan Alley Cat Entertainment
702.254.3832
www.jeannebrei.com (still under construction!)