[Dixielandjazz] Sacramento Area Jazz

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Wed Nov 10 11:17:37 PST 2004

Tonight, the Fulton Street Jazz Band will be making one of its rare
Sacramento appearances at Giovanni's Pizzeria.

For directions, see below.

 The Fulton Street Jazz band is one of the top Dixieland and Swing bands on
the National Jazz festival circuit.  For over 30 years, they have been
> featured at major Jazz festivals all over the U.S. and Canada.  They have
> headlined on over 20 Jazz cruises and have made many recordings.  This is
> a rare opportunity to hear this great band in person, here in Sacramento.

The FSJB have recently made some personnel changes and is better than
ever.

Paul Edgerton, sax and clarinet (formerly from the Wooden Nickel Jass Band),
Darrell Fernandez bass from Hawaii (where he worked with Trummy Young, Louis
Armstrong's trombone player), and the wonderful vocalist and guitarist
Melissa Collard are all new members of the band.

Along with Dean Nelson, trumpet and leader, Gary Reynolds, trombone and
vibraphone and yours truly on piano, will be our special guest drummer, Gene
Copelan.

Giovanni's Pizzeria features scrumscious     pizza, salads and your choice
of beverages.

Giovanni's Pizzeria
5924 South Landpark Dr.,
Sacramento, CA.
Tel (916) 393-7001.
6:00 - 9:00 PM, no cover charge.

For directions:
>From Sacramento, go south on I-5 to Fruitridge Rd.
Turn left or east, under freeway, and go approximately 1/2 mile.
Turn right on South Landpark Dr.
and go approximately 1/4 mile to South Hills shopping center.
Giovanni's is on the right, next to the large market.

--Bob Ringwald
Piano driver, Fulton Street Jazz Band