[Dixielandjazz] Re: S.F. Jazz festival 04

Bob Shoring bobshoring at california.com
Thu Nov 4 22:03:44 PST 2004

Tom Wiggins won't be the only one at the the Fats Waller Tribute.  I
bought my ticket some time ago.  Wouldn't miss it.  In 1993, also at the
SF Jazz Festival, I was at a similar Fats tribute in the same hall.  It
was fantastic, and included many of the same players plus the late Doc
Cheatham.  I recall they often featured dual pianos, and for a few tunes
Dick Hyman fired up the grand organ of the Davies Hall.  I think Jay
McShann was part of it as well.  He must be really up in years by now.
Bet he's around 90 or close to it.

When I bought my ticket they told me at 6 PM there will be a pre-concert
talk given (presumably about Fats Waller).
--

Regards, Bob Shoring.............San Francisco, California, USA
bobshoring at california.com        Fax: 1-661-761-9027