[Dixielandjazz] Capitol Jazzmen ID please

JackleeT at aol.com JackleeT at aol.com
Mon May 31 23:56:22 PDT 2004

In a message dated 5/31/2004 7:50:50 PM Pacific Standard Time,
stridepiano at tesco.net writes:
One track in particular knocked me out - Clambake In Bb played by The
Capitol Jazzmen - what a hot band !! I would dearly love to know who these
guys are (the trombone sounds awfully like Teagarden). Anyone know?

The personnel:

Billy May, trumpet; Jack Teagarden, trombone; Jimmie Noone, clarinet; Dave
Matthews, tenor sax: Joe Sullivan, piano; Dave Barbour, guitar; Artie Shapiro,
bass; Zutty Singleton, drums.

Jack Tracy