[Dixielandjazz] Fats organ rolls, or whatever they are

Butch Thompson butcht at sihope.com
Sat May 29 11:07:57 PDT 2004

Bill Haesler said:

> I, like many other jazz purists, do not want people fooling around with the
> musical content of Classic jazz recordings.

Right on, Bill.  This reminds me of the controversy over "colorized" films.
Give me a break.  I want to hear what Fats and Henderson actually played,
not what some turkey thinks they SHOULD have played.

I've also heard it advocated that we amplify Beethoven's music, including
mega bass distortion, because if the technology had been available to him,
Beethoven would have used it.  What arrogance!

--
Butch Thompson