[Dixielandjazz] Looks -Sexiness -Success

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri May 28 20:19:13 PDT 2004

> Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com wrote (polite snip)

> I suspect that in the world of showbiz,

> there are many cases where the media comment on the "sexiness" of both
> guys & gals before they comment on the ability.
>
> I guess there is no one reason why some guys have the sort of
> prejudices Bonnie has experienced. Hopefully the number that do
> is declining in all walks of life.

I don't know, Andy, Women are predators also. They keep hitting on me everywhere I perform.
;-) VBG.

My parents were horrified when I said I wanted to be a jazz musician. Dad said: "That's not
for you son, all they do is drink, smoke funny cigarettes and chase women." That sounded
like 3 positives to me. Why do we men play jazz?

Why to get chicks, of course. My role model was Artie Shaw in that regard. ;-) VBG

Cheers
Steve (only half kidding) Barbone