[Dixielandjazz] Hello, Dixieland Jazz Fans! Creole Jazz Band news...

Creole Dixieland Jazz Band dave at creolejazz.com
Thu May 27 23:06:31 PDT 2004

Greetings, Dixieland Jazz Fans!

This is the occasional newsletter of the Creole Dixieland Jazz Band from Springfield, Missouri. (Removal instructions at the bottom of this message.)

For details on all of this news and a whole lot more, visit our website: http://www.CreoleJazz.com.

BIX BEIDERBECKE FESTIVAL SCHEDULE
We are very excited about performing at this year's Bix Beiderbecke Memorial Jazz Festival in Davenport, Iowa July 22-25. The Creole Dixieland Jazz Band is proud to be one of eleven great jazz bands at this year's prestigious, four-day event.

Here is our schedule for that weekend:

Thursday, July 22
10 p.m. Col Ballroom

Friday, July 23
4 p.m. Holiday Inn
8 p.m. Danceland
11 p.m. LeClaire Park

Saturday, July 24
Noon LeClaire Park
3 p.m. Holiday Inn
9 p.m. Col Ballroom
11 p.m. Holiday Inn

All Sets are 45 minutes long. We are not scheduled to play on Sunday (because we're playing Thursday night) so we'll head back to Springfield for our regular Sunday night engagement at Arris' Pizza. Hope to see you in Davenport in July! For ticket and festival information visit: http://www.bixsociety.org.

DES MOINES, IOWA CONCERT!
We are also really excited about being part of Kurt Bowermaster's "Good Time Jazz Concert Series" in October. We will perform Saturday, October 16 from 7-10 p.m. at the Adventureland Inn & Resort (I-80 and Highway 65) in Altoona, a suburb of Des Moines. Call 515-251-7602 for tickets and information. Doors open at 5:00 p.m. The Adventureland Inn $11.95 Prime Rib Buffet is served from 5:00 to 6:30 p.m. Pre-show dinner entertainment begins at 5:30 p.m. There is a dance floor and general admission table seating. If you're in the neighborhood, come by for this great concert.

EVERY SUNDAY NIGHT at ARRIS' PIZZA
The Greek cuisine, terrific pizza, and hot jazz is still being served every Sunday from 6:30 till 8:30 p.m.; 1332 E. Republic Road in Springfield. Come out and see us! Remember to call for a reservation, 417-881-7260.

ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY AT JOEY'S SEAFOOD RESTAURANT
On June 7, the Creole Dixieland Jazz Band will celebrate one year of "Mardi Gras Mondays" at Joey's Seafood Restaurant! Thank you so much for making this possible. Join us every Monday from 6:00 till 8:00 for the best seafood in town and traditional New Orleans Jazz. Joey's is located at 1645 W. Republic Road in front of Remingtons at the corner of Kansas Expressway and James River Freeway. "Mardi Gras Mondays" feature a special Louisiana/Cajun menu with everything from catfish to shrimp to calamari. Give Joey's a call at 417-655-0562 and come out for the great food and fun.

TERRIFIC MUSICIANS
Lots of great players have played with or sat in with the Creole Band lately:

Cornet - Mark Brueggemann, Lee Smith
Clarinet - Jerry Hoover, Dick Turner, Tom Parkhurst
Trombone - Red Ormsbee, Chuck Mahaffey, Ernie Landes (from Oregon)
Piano - Harry Beckett, Lee Smith, Daniel Hancock
Bass - Brandon Henson
Tuba - Mike Marois
Drums - Robin Hendry, Mark Pearl
Vocals - Jerry Haden, Steve Mann, Rudy Stretesky, Carol Reinert, Christin Borisch, Anna Kaylor

A complete list of musicians who have played with the band one time or another is on our website: http://www.CreoleJazz.com.

FUN TUNES
Lately we've played: "Sweet Lorraine", "Alexander's Ragtime Band", "Beale Street Blues", "Bourbon Street Parade", "Muskrat Ramble", "At The Jazz Band Ball", "Curse of an Aching Heart", "Oriental Strut", "Sugar", and lots of other terrific old tunes. Come request your favorites Sundays and Mondays.

THANK YOU
A very special "Thank you" to everyone who continues to come out to support live, traditional, New Orleans jazz. As we approach our one-year anniversary at Joey's, we are reminded how fortunate we are to be allowed to play this great music on a regular basis. In addition, this September will mark five years of Sunday nights at Arris' Pizza. Thank you so much!

See you soon.

The Creole Dixieland Jazz Band
"It's a treat to beat your feet"
http://www.CreoleJazz.com
Springfield, Missouri
Dave Gravatt
417-581-5626
SUNDAYS: Live, hot, traditional New Orleans Dixieland jazz from 6:30 till 8:30 every Sunday night except Easter and the Superbowl at Arris' Pizza, 1332 E. Republic Road (between Fremont & National) in Springfield, Missouri; 417-881-7260.

MONDAYS: Hear the band EVERY MONDAY night from 6-8 p.m. at Joey's Seafood Restaurant, 1645 W. Republic Rd in front of Remingtons at James River Expressway and Kansas Expressway; 417-655-0562.

***You're receiving this because you (or someone pretending to be you) requested to be on the mailing list of the Creole Dixieland Jazz Band from Springfield, Missouri. Or, I know you personally and just thought you'd want to be on the list. Either way, if you DO NOT want to be on our list, just reply and let me know. Thanks.***