[Dixielandjazz] Fw: RIP John R.T.

john petters jpettjazz at btinternet.com
Tue May 25 18:46:45 PDT 2004

Stan said
>This sad news was just posted on the Duke Ellington list. John was the
genius >behind many of the JSP reissues and more. His work will surely be
missed.

This is sad news indeed. John was a genius with sound. Most of my most
treasured CD recordings , ie,  Hot Fives, Morton's Oliver's etc were
properley rematered by him. He was also a fine musician, who I had the
honour of working with, alongside Wild Bill in 1986. But even if he had
never played, his contribution to classic jazz would be remembered by
countless devotees of old recordings, to which he added new clarity and
depth.

John Petters
Amateur Radio Station G3YPZ
www.traditional-jazz.com