[Dixielandjazz] La Boda Real (Royal Wedding)

Jan Nichols hotjazzcornet at earthlink.net
Sat May 22 12:52:39 PDT 2004

Like so many others, I have become almost imune to the advances in technology.  However, I was thrilled to see the DJML go global this morning.

There I was, having my morning coffee at home near Los Angeles, California, USA.  There on my TV  was Kash, playing his trombone in Madrid.....LIVE!  Most of the Spanish-language stations in Southern California carried a live broadcast of La Boda del Siglo (wedding of the Century).  The camera operator was shooting over Kash's right shoulder, looking toward the street where the royal couple was passing.  What a kick.  Unfortunately, the moderators doing the play-by-play were busy talking and I couldn't hear the music very well.  Oh well, just seeing "La Banda de Jazz"  was enough!!

Good going Kash.....

Jan Nichols
Old Town Jazz Band
San Jacinto, CA, USA