[Dixielandjazz] Arthur Godfrey

Don Kirkman donkirk at covad.net
Thu May 20 18:14:04 PDT 2004

On Thu, 20 May 2004 14:10:36 -0500, Patrick Cooke wrote:

>FYI:

>All of those dahdits at the end of Will Connelly's post were his old Ham
>radio Operator's call sign W6QID.

>Pat Cooke.....WA4BVR
>New Orleans

Thanks for pointing that out, Pat.  I diddled my way through it but it
didn't dawn on me how close Will's call sign is to that of the guy who
administered my first novice test in 19ought49 - W6QIF.  I've been
WV6ENG, WA6ENT, and N6IM since then; still have the ticket but haven't
been on the air since computers came along.  "Seems like old times .  .
--
Don
donkirk at covad.net