[Dixielandjazz] Re: F2F/BMP at Lake Tahoe Jazz Festival

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Thu May 20 14:38:11 PDT 2004

Gene, Betty, Bob, and other attendees--
     The subcommittee on F2F/BMP has reported back to me, after taking
a drive up to beautiful Lake Tahoe this morning, past mountain
vistas, patches of snow next to tall trees, and the usual ho-hum
incredible Lake Tahoe blueness.
     First, the venues (hotels) are very widely separated (we're
talking 'miles' here).  It's going to take you from 15 to 30 minutes
(maybe more) to drive (too far to walk) to another hotel, so any F2F
we have ought to end no later than 3:30 pm on Friday so those who
want to go to another hotel have time to make it.  The schedule of
bands, venues, and performance-times is on the website at
http://www.laketahoejazzfestival.com/grid.htm
     Having said that, i recommend that we start clotting together
about 2:00 pm at the Hyatt bar called "Cutthroat's Saloon".
Antibodies of your favorite choice may be consumed there.  Go in the
front door and about 50 feet back is the bar (through double-doors
with the bar's name on them), which is fairly large and has numerous
tables we might shove together to foster bonhomie and hear each
other.  I didn't talk to anyone in charge of that bar, but hey, it's
a bar, it'll be open, and what more do we need?
     The 'outdoor' venue at the Hyatt is indeed outside the Hyatt
building, but it's a tent next to the main entrance and thus is
actually 'indoors' (i.e., not al fresco, who used to play drums with
Pinky Lee).  It's easy stumbling distance from Cutthroat's Saloon.
     Respectfully submitted, y'r obedient servaunt, et ad nauseum
cetera, i am, and hope to remain,

     Dan