[Dixielandjazz] more on wedding....

James Kashishian kash at ran.es
Tue May 18 17:43:28 PDT 2004

Security is extemely high for the motorcade that is to take place after the
Royal Wedding in Madrid this coming Saturday.  All of the downtown is closed
to private transport beginning 4pm on Friday!  Our band must reach the
center of town for sound check on Friday nite, but since piano, drums & bass
amp + sound is all set up for us, we will make our way on the subway, most
likely.  Same for Sat am.

Adding to our national notoriety, we will be featured next Saturday evening
(prime time) on what would be called in English something like "News of the
Last Week" on national television, and we are being interviewed & filmed
playing at the club where we play each Tues tonight.  And, THAT doesn't hurt
a band's image in the eyes of a club owner one bit!!

Smiling Jim