[Dixielandjazz] Free Drinks

Avache1 at aol.com Avache1 at aol.com
Tue May 11 12:31:01 PDT 2004

Bob Finch originally wrote:

> There can not be a free drink served on the bandstand at any festival in
> California. It is not under the control of the festivals but the ABC
> (Alcoholic Beverage Control) a government bureau.

Hey Bob, sounds like another "Only in California" rule. The only place I've
ever been where I can't smoke a cigarette, outside. except in certain areas,
and I can't leave an outside venue with a cup of coffee.
When I was growing up, in New Jersey, our nickname for California was
"The Land of Fruits and Nuts!!"
Allan
P.S. I've avoided making comments about the political situation out there so
I don't get scolded again.