[Dixielandjazz] slightly OT: Pay by the Note!

Mike Marois Mike.Marois at HireLiveMusic.com
Thu May 6 23:37:06 PDT 2004

That reminds me of that satirical Mister Rogers sketch when he's talking
with a jazz bassist.  One of the questions Mr. Rogers asked the bassist is,
"what do you think of when you're playing your music?"  To which the bassist
replies, "how many notes I'm playing and what the gig pays!"

If this is true than two beat bassist/tubist make twice as much per note as
four beat players!

Marois
tuba/computer guru - mathematician

-----Original Message-----
From: dixielandjazz-bounces at ml.islandnet.com
[mailto:dixielandjazz-bounces at ml.islandnet.com]On Behalf Of david
richoux
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 10:09 PM
To: dixie
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] slightly OT: Pay by the Note!

Hi all,

there was a story on the BBC World News tonight about the recent
controversy in the Bonn Beethoven Orchestra - the string players want
more money for performance and rehearsals because the play more notes
than the wind players! (This is not exactly new news - I guess they
were sitting on the story for a slow news day...)

Dave Richoux

here are some links:
http://suewidemark.com/violinistsmorepay.htm
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/03/24/1079939718127.html?