[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 15, Issue 51

Andrew R. Cooper andy_cooper at chatter.com
Mon Mar 29 14:15:18 PST 2004

What a great comment - I think I know why Hot Fives&Sevens, and so
other bands can stand to be listened to several times, unlike what
Charlie refers to as avant garde/free jazz.

You are full well able to play the part(s) you are listening to, or
understand them well enough to appreciate the spontaneous invention of
that phrase. It's become a real part of a jazz vocabulary by imitation.
It was the genesis of that phrase/sound/cliché - and it's great!

Keep jammin at that keyboard Mr. Suhor.

On Mar 29, 2004, at 2:00 PM, dixielandjazz-request at ml.islandnet.com

===== From the desk of Andrew R. Cooper =====