[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland Jazz Society of the Desert

Richard Broadie rbroadie at dc.rr.com
Mon Mar 29 09:03:23 PST 2004

Greetings from Palm Springs, Ca. where we'll be holding our annual jazz
festival this week-end.  Please go to www.desertjazz.org for details.

Just got back from cruise of Mexican Riviera where Sharon and I had a
wonderful time.  Mariachi (sp?) band in Puerto Villarta per reqest of one of
our passangers played "Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans."  It
was funny because they knew how to miss the bridge completely. Kudos,
though, for a brave attempt.

Am currently behind more than 5000 emails from djml.  Guess it's time to hit
that delete button and take it from the top.  I just don't seem to have any
time to try to keep up with the list these days.  Thought I'd have more time
for myself after retirement but things sure aren't working out that way.
I've got 4 gigs a week on regular basis plus lots of casuals going on.  Plus
a full calendar of daytime activities.  Have put together the okom "Y1K Jazz
band" for a few local area gigs that features my dear friend Jimmy Ogden on
lead trumpet.  I'm thinking of recording this group for CD.  Will keep you
posted.   Half my band is made up of "snow birds" that leave the area until
October.  Sure messes up plans for gigs in July (as if there were any here
when temp hits above 115 degrees).

Just thought I'd say hello and hope I can get back to you before the next
5000 emails from you arrive.

Dick Broadie