[Dixielandjazz] "Riverwalk" saved?

Schnabbels at aol.com Schnabbels at aol.com
Mon Mar 29 02:39:39 PST 2004

Listmates,

Do we really support OKOM locally. Especially where radio is concerned.

Case in point: Our local Public Radio station here in Phoenix, AZ (KJJZ, 91.5
FM) held its semi-annual fund drive. Last fall only three pledges (count 'em)
were received during the one-hour "Riverwalk" program (Jim Cullum's Jazz
Band) which is broadcast at 10:00 p.m. on Saturday nights. Result: continuation of
the broadcast of "Riverwalk" was in danger this past week.

My good friend Joe Hopkins rallied the troops via e-Mail to urge OKOM friends
to pledge. Thank you Joe, and BTW, you are getting way too much positive
publicity on this list, leaving your attitude vis-a-vis BMI aside :>).

What happened? I called with a pledge and so did my lady-friend Rita. When I
called there had been five pledges. Since we pledged individually, we brought
it up to seven.
I do not know what the final result was. There was a matching pledge from a
gentleman from Paradise Valley available when ten (only ten!!) people pledged.

I just hope it worked.

Don Mopsick, if you are listening, we did our best. If we failed we just have
to come to San Antonio. Can we get good seats?

Regards,
Rob van der Plas
Scottsdale, AZ