Fw: [Dixielandjazz] Listening to different kinds of music

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Thu Mar 25 15:31:31 PST 2004

Hi Craig: and all:

I believe that Rap (Which by the way I do not like either) is just a new
version of what the record industry used to call "Spoken Word" category and Phil
Harris could well have been one of the guys who started it, though I doubt it.

I think Roger Whitaker from Canada would also be a candidate for this kind of
recordings, as would a lot of other so called singers.  Some of Willie
Nelson's songs would fit this description as well.

I like to think of the rappers as street corner poets with no money to hire
musical accompaniment.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins
a one an a two, Im am jist a rappin and a tappin tryin to make a dollar & a
half to buy a cup of Joe.   Shuckin and Jivein on the street corner.