[Dixielandjazz] Musical Spirit in Austin TX was pepper spray 2nd liners.

david richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Mon Mar 22 15:48:03 PST 2004

If you visit the band website you will see that Ozomatli is a bit more
than just a typical guitar rock band. They have trumpet, tenor sax,
string bass, and drums and percussion to go with the guitars - and they
are much more a "World Beat" international dance sort of group. I have
not seen them play live, but I know some people that have - they say
the group usually always starts out by parading in through the audience
and they generally have some sort of "2nd Line" or "Conga Line" at the
end of the show. http://www.ozomatli.com

South by South West can get a bit crazy from the experiences I have
heard about over the years - we did a live remote broadcast on KFJC
from SXSW several years ago but I have not had the chance to go there
myself.

The problem of police over-reaction at night club areas of San Jose
(CA) has been in the local papers quite a lot. There is a strictly
enforced 2AM drinking ban but the cops seem to want everybody to go
home right away - no late night restaurant stops or coffeehouse
cool-downs allowed!    Get in your car and get out so they can have a
chance to give you a ticket for drunk driving...

Dave Richoux