[Dixielandjazz] Davison

John Russell hotjazz60 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 20 15:10:54 PST 2004

Hello Chuck, from John Russell in clacton, Britain

Sorry to hear about your son having died, I had not seen you on Dixieland mailing list postings before.

I agree with you how good Wild Bill was, he is listed as having died in 1989 by allmusic guide;  and I have got 6 of his # live # recordings already, found a new one  recently issued by Storyville
This is called  # Wild Bill Davison with Eddie Condon All Stars, Live Miami Beach 1955 # item  1016065 ,includes Pee Wee Russell, Lou McGarity, Bene Schroeder, Walter Page and George Wettling

website for label is  www.storyville-records.com

I looked for sources to buy the disc you mentioned, # Ringside at Condon's # on Savoy label, but cant find on any major suppliers like www.cdconnection.com ; www.cduniverse.com   also not on  www.djangos.com  ; so wondered if you can let me know where that record is available on c.d.  as www.allmusic.com  does not mention a c d version only LP SJC 403 and an item not stated which 2055

The live records I have for Bill are on Jazzology label

Well take care of yourself, I only collect jazz records, not a musician, but am 62 and Unemployed, however jazz makes me happy and sane and stops boredom, best regards.