[Dixielandjazz] Riffs and Phrases

Jeffmatthews111 at aol.com Jeffmatthews111 at aol.com
Wed Mar 17 13:57:26 PST 2004

Hi All,

I listen to a lot of  jazz and play clarinet too. I find that many players do
in fact have stock phrases which sometimes actually identifies them. Sidney
Bechet too, had certain little phrases and ways of approaching a chordal
sequence. These seemed to give a platform and a sort of breathing space where the
creative forces rallied and took of again.

I began to write out some phrases myself for my own amusement, but ran out of
time. Does anyone else have doodlings the would like to share?

Jeff Matthews