[Dixielandjazz] Re: Barons

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Mar 17 08:19:07 PST 2004

Regarding:
1. The Barons of Basin Street (Hollywood Records LPH 149)
 Some songs: Limehouse Blues, Battle Hymn of the Republic
2. The Barons of Dixieland: Visit the Bowery (Celebrity Records UT-113)
 Some songs: Bugle Call Rag, Sweet Sue, Synthetic Blues

Dear Dan,
The best I can do at the moment is that the late John Norris (DJMLer from
Hawaii) played cornet with the Barons of Dixieland in the early 1960s and
that they may have been based there at that time.
Nothing in my various discographies (so far), although  the name certainly
rings a distant bell.
Maybe Leslie Johnson from the the 'Mississippi Rag' can help. This fine mag
seems to have covered just about everyone in OKOM.
Or Gerard Bielderman, that wonderful Netherlands discographer.
Both DJML members.
Very kind regards,
Bill.