[Dixielandjazz] Re: John Cocuzzi

Nancy Giffin nancyink at ulink.net
Tue Mar 16 12:48:40 PST 2004

HAROLD SMITH <s3856lpa at webtv.net> wrote:
"... Now don't be choosey,
Grab your  Suzie,
Bring some boozie,
And tap your feet to
JOHN COCUZZI!!!!..."

Dear Harold,
You were never off my hug list -- nobody ever is, even if they *think* I'm
not forgiving (really, I am! Sometimes just later rather than sooner).
I wanted to get back to you as soon as I could find someone who knows Web
TV!!! %!@# So far, I haven't but still know one more person to ask for help.

Things I noticed about John Cocuzzi
(or Con Jacuzzi, as I'm tempted to say for play):
1) Audiences really come alive when he gets going (swinging);
2) His fellow musicians compliment his work after a set;
3) Like Ascione on drums, John's physical effort, timing, and precise
execution are that of an athlete as much as a musician.

I also like the name of his "sampler" CD: Swingin' and Burnin'.
Allan Vaché is featured on this CD -- also swingin' big time.

Anyone traveling to the Arizona Classic in November will see Cocuzzi
featured with John Sheridan's All-Stars. Hey Sheik, isn't he in your area?

Gotta run. Take care all!!
Love and hugs,
Nance