[Dixielandjazz] Re: Sol Yaged

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Mar 16 10:07:20 PST 2004

Dear Steve,
What a great NY Times write up.
I shall file it.
It prompted me to look for Sol Yaged records in my collection. (He made his
first, with Rex Stewart in 1947).
I could find 2 titles only! With Henry Allen, Coleman Hawkins, JC
Higginbotham, Lou Stein, Milt Hinton & Cozy Cole from 16 Dec 1957.
I wonder what this says about me - or Sol Yaged?
It was Bob Barnard who first told me that Sol Yaged was besotted with
anything to do with BG.
On one of Bob's frequent playing trips to New York, Mr Yaged took him on a
site-seeing tour. They 'just happened' to pass Benny's old house and most of
the places the Goodman band played over the years.
Very kind regards,
Bill.