[Dixielandjazz] Japanese robot trumpet players. URL problems

david richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Mon Mar 15 12:07:51 PST 2004

There is a little trick that often (but not always) works when you are
trying to send a long address in e-mail:

put the "beaks" on each end with no gaps or other punctuation and it
will keep the long URL read as one item.

so:
<http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=1509&u=/afp/20040311/
tc_afp/japan_toyota_auto_robot_company_040311115417&printer=1>  would
normally work  but I see that it does have a problem with that
"&printer1" part,
so try
<http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20040311/tc_afp/
japan_toyota_auto_robot_company_040311115417>
and that does work for me, anyway. )

There are exceptions - if you have logged into a site and copy an URL
sometimes the resulting URL will have your loggin data included and
that can mess things up... so then even cutting and pasting will not
get you there quickly.

Dave Richoux