[Dixielandjazz] Re: CD label printing

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Mar 10 12:40:25 PST 2004

     Regarding the copying of old LPs onto CDs, one thing you might
try before scanning in the LP cover is to look for it on the web.
I've found a surprising number of album-covers via Google on various
websites, and you can just download that image (.jpg usually) to your
hard drive and then paste it into whatever software document you're
using to produce the cover for the CD.
     Same for album notes.  I found a lot of liner notes (or at least
notes pertaining to the recording) on websites.  Just save them to
your hard drive and stick 'em on the CD you're making.
     I do all of this using FileMaker Pro 6.0 on my Mac G4, as it can
contain graphics and text both, and i print it out in color and it
looks pretty good.

     Dan

--
**  Dan Augustine     Austin, Texas    ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu   **
**    "When one day an arctic traveler played a recorded song by one  **