[Dixielandjazz] Service life CD-R's

Rev M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Wed Mar 3 08:51:38 PST 2004

I find the flaws primarily in the occasional highly generic disc, as
that's generally what I use (currently Office Depot, 100-pk, no
identification printed on disc, totally "blank").  (Anyone, by the way,
who gets a disc from me and it malfunctions, please let me know and I'll
replace!)

Mr Kashisian says:

> I think it is poor practice to believe that a recorded CD is a good,
> long term storage medium.

Agreed.  And like you, though I can't afford them at present, the
highest grade CD-Rs are no doubt the best bet, whether for storage or
not.  For my really important recording projects these days, I tend to
merely back up the raw .wav files on CD-R, so I can at least say I have
the exact same thing in two places, in two formats,
--
Etc,

Rev M J "Mike" Logsdon, Deacon
http://www.naorc.org