[Dixielandjazz] 10 POINTS FROM JACK W.

Artwoo at aol.com Artwoo at aol.com
Wed Mar 3 00:41:12 PST 2004

Hi Folks:
Let me reinforce Bob Roman's remarks about Jack Wiard: Jack is a superb
clarinetist whether in a classical or jazz setting.

I attended San Francisco State University as a music major in the mid 60s
with Jack. Instead of protesting or smoking weed, Jack spend his energy on the
clarinet and soprano sax, earning the respect of Bay Area musicians.  IMHO Jack
is an A+ musician, easily in the same class as Evan Christopher, Tim Laughlin,
Alan Vache, Ron Hockett and other top echelon contemporary OKOM reed players.

Since he is new to the mailing list and just learning about the perils of
email and spell checkers, I would give him some consideration as a novice
listmate, with the thought that when he talks about OKOM, he has impeccable
credentials.

Jack played with the likes of Burt Bales, Joe Sullivan and Norma Teagarden
when he was in San Francisco and is an alumnus of the Graeme Bell group in
Australia and currently with the Zenith New Orleans Jazz Band in Sydney,
http://www.ans.com.au/~zenith/Local_Touring_Group_2.htm

Sincerely,
Art Wood