[Dixielandjazz] 10 POINTS FROM JACK W.

jack wiard jack_wiard at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 2 17:58:56 PST 2004

Hi gang,  1..a thank you to those who pointed me in the right direction
about HTML.Hotmail gave precise instruc. to turn it off.Thanks also for the
E.M. about Vince Cattolica.  2....I'veread lots of D.L.M.L. emails over the
past four weeks and some are soooooooo long.I've worn out a mouse scrolling
through some of them!May I suggest telephone book sized emails go direct to
the person who asked for imfo. and a much shorter comment for the list at
large.As an ex-high school music teacher, believe me,brievity works,keeps
the eyes unglaised, and the jest of comment is more likely to be retained.
Why use 100 words when 20 will do? Of course,there is always the delete
button,which some of you may be using now.  3......Writing to the D.L.M.L.
once a day is fine ...but 4...5 times...I say unto you.....you've watched
too much Columbo!.....4..... Bill Haesler will be back on line tomorow, he
thinksA $160. p/h computer geek is fixing his modem. That sounds
painful......5.....Lots of nice, knowledgable people on the D.L.M.l. Pat
Ladd & wife [from U.K.] came into my reg. Sun. job at the Fortune of War
Hotel.....6....I was in New Orleans in June 02 and heard Pete Fountain twice
at the Hilton  Hotel. I heard he left there after 23 years. Any imfo. where
he plays now?.....7.....Former list member Eric Holroyd Sends his regards to
his list friends.....8....   my most interesting job recently was playing on
a 13 hr. sight-seeing flt. over Antarctica with Qantas.I'll bet some of you
can beat that. Let's hear about it.....9.....Tunes I've learned & recorded
recently:  Five Point Blues, My Inspiration,Jubilee,& Stealin, Apples. Do
any other list members play any of these great tunes?....10...This email is
now getting into the too long catergory. My apologies to any glazed eyes out
there. Jack from Oz.                                             i