[Dixielandjazz] Warning. --- Possible viruses through this mailinglist...

Craig Johnson civanj at adelphia.net
Mon Mar 1 15:02:59 PST 2004

Ron Brogdon at islandnet responded to a note sent directly to the
provider (islandnet.com) He states that these kinds of spam are
usually not from the actual addres, but are more likely to have
happened at our own provider using islandnet as a phony address.
Thus it is surpising to me that you received on also. I had almost
been convinced to address my provider -- Adelphia.net,

By the way, I'm doing a virus scan on my own machine right now.
-- normally this is done for me automatically every day.

If you still have that message in your virus "catcher", can you get the 1st
2
"Received" entries - copy them and send them to me in the body of a note?
-- Please? Those,according to Ron are the only 2 lines that cannot be
:"Spoofed" - They are added directly by your own mail server and show
where it received the message from.
I'll continue to research this

Regards.
Craig