[Dixielandjazz] Pros and ams

Patrick Cooke patcooke at cox.net
Sat Jun 26 16:44:55 PDT 2004

Labels! labels! labels!  I hate labels!  There are always those guys who
have to size up everyone they meet, classify him/her/ politically,
musically, socially, and put the into one of the pigeon holes his mind has
created.  Once he has put you into the pigeon hole, he has assigned you a
lot of characteristics he found in some other person he liked or didn't
like.  He probably owns a little Dymo machine that makes labels, and goes
around sticking them on everybody that he thinks he knows all about because
he has put them in one of his pigeon holes.
     Never mind the label,  just listen to what I'm playing!  And pay
attention so you'll know where to come in.
     Pat Cooke