[Dixielandjazz] Opportunity

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Wed Jun 23 20:26:11 PDT 2004

Steve Barbone and his soulmate Tom Wiggins frequently try to convince us
that it is the money, not the music, that really matters. They urge us to
grasp every opportunity to play anything from ragtime to rap in pursuit of a
handful of gold - which reminds me of a story :

Mrs. Smith needed to have her piano tuned so she asked a friend for a
recommendation.  She then made an appointment with the piano tuner, Mr.
Oppernockity.  He arrived 2 days later, tuned the piano satisfactorily, and
left.  Several days later Mrs. Smith noticed that the piano was terribly out
of tune again.  She called the tuner to complain and asked for a return
visit to solve the problem.  However, the tuner replied, "I'm sorry ma'am,
but Oppernockity only tunes once"

John Farrell