[Dixielandjazz] A look at how the younger groups promote themselves

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Sat Jun 19 01:35:21 PDT 2004

In a message dated 6/18/04 8:16:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tubaman at batnet.com writes:

> Tom, (and all)
>
> I was the first tuba player for that group, but I had to drop out
> because of a bit of over load (I was already playing in 7 other bands
> and I was also in the process of getting married!)
>
> BTW, most of the Blow Kings are also members of the California
> Repercussions and the leader, Paul Zinn is also a wizard arranger.

Cool Dave: I did not know you played with them, they are indeed an
interesting group, I discovered them at a street festival in Pleasanton, California
about a year ago, and my six year old grandson loved them, we sat through two sets
and he went up to  them and told them he was going to play in his grampa's
band someday and he thought they were too cool/

Cheers,

Tom