[Dixielandjazz] More On 1st Monterey Dixie Fest

Nancy Giffin nancyink at ulink.net
Wed Jun 16 00:04:27 PDT 2004

I don't believe it! Ralph Thompson came out of lurker mode!
(Glad he did, so he could tell us more about the '68 festival.)
Hi, Ralph!

For those who don't know, Bob Ringwald and Ralph Thompson bust their buns to
make sure the STJS has a successful concert every month without fail. Bob
does his part in advance, calling and writing to musicians all over town to
put together five entertaining sets of music for us, while Ralph is the guy
who makes sure everything is set up and running smoothly come showtime.
Ralph is the one who has to deal with all the hassles and complaints, be it
with the sound system or the chandelier that fell in the back room, or the
old lady who broke her ankle on the dance floor, or the person whose car got
dinged or broken into in the parking lot. (Yes, all those things have
happened!) So, I just wanted to jump in here and let you all know that Ralph
is more than a Boondocker banjo player, he's also the STJS Vice President
and, as mentioned, the STJS Music Director. Mostly, he's a truly great
person and friend (and an expert with rose gardens), and I can't properly
express how much I appreciate him. Thanks for everything you do for others,
Ralph! Have a great time in Logan!!!

Love and hugs,
Nancy