[Dixielandjazz] RE: Gunter yodeling in Ascona

Tito Martino tmartino at terra.com.br
Sat Jun 12 01:32:55 PDT 2004

Dear Bill

I wish you and your group a wonderful and happy stay in Ascona; you will
wonder at its colorful ambience, friendly people (actually almost all
locals speak english) and I'm certain you will enjoy the vast diversity
of good quality Jazz Bands performing all around the town (all OKOM, of
course).
In the Record Shop near the Festival Headquarters you will find CDs and
re-editions of jazz classics, impossible to find in the USA.
Don't miss the tasty food specialities from Ticino, and their light red
wine.
(drink it cold!)
Don't miss the stage in front the Lake, and try to sneak your washboard
in some late night Jam session at one of the picturesque bars or
restaurants. They are very tolerant against washboards...    ;-)
In 1989 I jammed for one hour side by side with the great N.O.
trombonist Louis Nelson, together with all my Bogalusa New Orleans Jazz
Band. It was heaven. I have great memories from Ascona; wish you the
same.

About yodeling in Italian, no problem at all, even my dog yodels in
Italian, actually he won a contest but was banned after destroying the
prize - a round and smelling swiss cheese cake.

Tito "Wish I Was in ... Ascona" Martino