[Dixielandjazz] OKOM Promotion opportunity

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Thu Jun 10 14:05:56 PDT 2004

Hey you guys:

Here is some info for you go-getters to jump on if you would like to get some
OKOM exposure, not quite as much as Jim Kash just got, but every few million
helps spread the word.

The big MDA Telethon, you know the one on Labor Day with the often Blubbering
Jerry Lewis as the Host that invades every channel in the Nation.

They are looking for new talent and acts for the telethon this year to
perform live in New York, Hollywood, Chicago, and other remote locations.  The show
is seen by 60 million viewers on TV and millions more on the Internet.

It will be broadcast live starting at 9 p.m. on Sept. 5th 2004

To be considered for an appearance send a VHS-format videotape of your
performance (no more than 4 minutes) to: Jerry Lewis MDA Talent Search 2004, 7800
Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, Ca. 90036 All tapes become the property of the
Telethon and will not be returned,  and hope they exploit the Hell out of them and
make you famous, :)  Deadline for receipt of tapes is July 16, 2004.

I suggest getting your tapes in early because you can bet they will get
thousands of them.

Would be nice to see a few OKOM groups in the lineup.  Don't try can't blame
anyone but yourself for not seeing any OKOM on the show.    Opportunity knocks
every day, ya gotta get up and answer the door, and sometimes you even have
to go out and look for the door  with the Opportunity sign on it, and knock on
it yourself.

It probably will not pay much, if anything, but try buying four minutes of
National television time or just playing on any National Television show.  It is
as difficult as getting a number one record on the charts guys and gals.  But
it can be done.   Definitely a good investment of your time and to associate
with a good cause as well, even if you don't get onthe big show it might turn
into some regional gigs for your band.   These are powerful people who run
with the Big Dogs.

MDA
Director of Public Information
Bob Mackle
520-529-5317
e-mail
bobmackle at mdausa.org

Cheers, and good luck.

Tom Wiggins
We may not get picked but my tape is on it's way.

Saint Gabriel's Celestial Brass Band
Musical content:  "Ain't too Proud to Beg"