[Dixielandjazz] What A Wonderful World

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Thu Jun 10 13:39:14 PDT 2004

Well, I don't know about the first Monterey Dixieland Festival, but I do
recall the First and only Monterey Pop-Folk Festival which I produced in 1968
however it was not even in Monterey, it was in the Alameda Country Fairgrounds in
Livermore, Ca.   I have no idea why we called it the Monterey Pop-Folk
Festival, just sounded like a cool name at the time.

That was the beginning of the Really Big Outdoor Festivals which led to
Woodstock, which I am happy to say I had nothing to do with, Monterey was enough of
that kind of event for me to handle even in those younger days and cheaper
prices.

I was all of 24 years of infinite wisdom about show business in those
embryonic days of Rock and Roll productions.  We knew it ALL, we had to, since nobody
else had ever done it before.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins