[Dixielandjazz] What A Wonderful World

OArkas at aol.com OArkas at aol.com
Wed Jun 9 20:10:08 PDT 2004

Great story on "What a Wonderful World."
When it came out, I remember not being too impressed.
But then my fiancee (soon to be my wife) and I were asked to be ushers for
the 1st Annual Monterey Dixieland Festival (I guess they were trying to take
advantage of the jazz festivals and then the greatly successful rock festival.
Unfortunately, it rained the whole weekend; I guess it was a financial
disaster!   BUT, for me the highlight (and I will never forget it!) was Louis
singing that song!
I can't explain it, but in spite of the rain, the lack of people and all the
negatives,   he delivered such a beautiful, heart moving song....
You brought back some memories.
Thanks,
John