[Dixielandjazz] Louis Armstrong before the troupes

Stan Brager sbrager at socal.rr.com
Wed Jun 9 10:19:23 PDT 2004

Hans;

The liner notes to the ABC recording of "What A Wonderful Day" (issued on an
MCA CD of the same name) state that the tune was recorded in 1968. If true,
then the film must have been made after 1967. By the way, composer Bob
Thiele doesn't give the date of the composition in his autobiography. He
does say that he demoed the song for Armstrong and who agreed to record it.
>From reading the Thiele book, I came away with the thought that the record
session was the first time that Armstrong had actually played the "What a
Wonderful World".

Stan
Stan Brager
Trombonist-in-Training