[Dixielandjazz] First position on the trombone (was: Murray McEachem)

Richard Stevens thejazzfactory at ozemail.com.au
Tue Jun 8 08:13:58 PDT 2004

Hi All,
I am so pleased to hear that Bob Williams hasn't touched his tuning slide in
4 years, does that mean he has a "factory Tuned" trom? I know of a bass
player who left his bass leaning against a wall at a gig. From the bar his
mates noticed a kid over at his instrument fiddling with the tuning pegs.
The bass player ran across the room to rescue his axe and a few moments
later his fellow musicians followed, concerned that the instrument had been
damaged. The bass player was bawling his eyes out as the guys, fearing the
worst gathered around. Noticing no apparent damage, the trombone player said
"be cool man, there's no harm done" The bass player through his sobbing
replied, "the damned kids run off, If I can't find him, I'll never get it
back in tune"!

regards,
Richard Stevens
www.thejazzfactory.net