[Dixielandjazz] Sacto 2004

Nancy Giffin nancyink at ulink.net
Wed Jun 2 18:06:09 PDT 2004

From: eighthst7 at aol.com (Dick Redmond)
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 23:38:52 EDT
To: dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Sacto 2004

[Excerpts from Dick's post]
"... Only one foreign band this year instead of the usual ten or so..."
"...There were fewer venues this year..."

Hello, Dick,
Yes there were fewer foreign bands, but **more than just one**:

Fat Sam's Band -- Edinburgh, Scotland
Jazzin' Jacks -- Helsingborg, Sweden
Hot Jazz Band -- Budapest, Hungary
Climax Jazz Band -- Toronto, Canada
The 51st Eight -- N. Vancouver, B.C.

I particularly enjoyed the great personalities of these bands,
esp. Jazzin' Jacks and Fat Sam's.
As for fewer venues, I can't confirm; perhaps Ringwald or Gunter can.
The weather was great and everyone seemed to be having a wonderful time, as
usual. I was glad that some of my younger friends came out to join me for
their first Jubilee ever, even though they've lived here a long time.
Sorry I had to miss the F2F and parade on Friday morning.
Hope to see you all next year.
Love and hugs,
Nancy