[Dixielandjazz] Mr. Redmond's Archives

Harold Smith s3856lpa at webtv.net
Wed Jun 2 17:06:20 PDT 2004

Mr. Redmond wrote of his concern for the fate of his recorded treasures,
i.e., great jazz, and what should be done with them when he's no longer
with us to guard and enjoy them.

Well, I'll admit to a certain amount of cynicism.  I don't have much
hope in any of our survivors giving a rat's ass aout them, either.

Were I Emperor of the World, I would consign these treasures to prisons,
and, by law, force these juvenile drug addicts, gang bangers, spoiled
brat delinquents to listen to good jazz, magnificent musicianship, and
musical sensetivity 16 hours a day.

They just might discover humanaity, happiness and appeciation for life
in the process.

But, there I go again.  Wishing ain't gonna make it so.

Regards, Harold Smith