[Dixielandjazz] Capitol Jazzmen ID please

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Tue Jun 1 04:31:28 PDT 2004

It was my birthday last week. One of my daughters gave me a birthday card
which had a CD attached with no jewel case. The CD label reads ""The CDCARD
Company, EMI - 20 Original Jazz Classics", the bands are identified but no
personnel details are given.

One track in particular knocked me out - Clambake In Bb played by The
Capitol Jazzmen - what a hot band !! I would dearly love to know who these
guys are (the trombone sounds awfully like Teagarden). Anyone know?

John Farrell