[Dixielandjazz] Re:Berigan's I Can't Get Started (was Scored Solos)

Craig I. Johnson civanj at adelphia.net
Wed Jul 28 13:54:04 PDT 2004

Bill, I got a whole 5-cd package of much of what Berigan did during his lifetime
with many bands. It has  "I Can't Get Started" by "Bunny Berigan and his boys with,
Joe Bushkin(pn), Artie Shaw(cl), Forrest Crawford (Tn), Tommy Feline(Gt), Mort
Stulmaker (Bs), Stan King (Dr) and Chick Bullock (voc).
Nice cut!
 The whole package is called "Bunny Berigan -The Key Sessions 1931-1937"
and this is on the forth CD ("D", 1936. The whole "kit" is JSP 917 by HSP Records (UK).
It appear to have been done in 2003. There is some great stuff on these discs including
some nice stuff by the Boswell Sisters.)

Regards,
Craig Johnson