[Dixielandjazz] The Audience - Was Front Line Only

Louis Lince louislince at neworleansmusic.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 28 08:36:43 PDT 2004

Steve,

In the main I agree with your pet peeves but cannot let your comment about
Armond J. Piron go unchallenged. In my book his orchestra and his
compositions are great and we (in my band ) play them frequently -
especially Bouncing Around which goes like the clappers - and it's got
parts.. They don't date or go out of fashion. Equally we play things like
Water Melon Man and A Fool Such As I.

I think it was Ellington that said "there are two kinds of music - Good &
Bad". It's what you put into the playing that counts. Also, of course, Do
you get re-booked...we do. Therefore, like yourself, we must be doing it
right and entertaining the paying audience.

Sermon over ( I must have taken lessons from listmate Tom Wiggins!!)

Best

Louis